INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (IM)
|Designation||Minimum Qualification||Minimum years of experiences|
In your profession you must have at least a Doctorate degree or Master degree from a recognized institution.
|You must have not less than 10 years’ experience in Marine or Port and Terminal Management and /or policy to drive constant business performance.|
Fellow Member ( FCImpt)
In your profession you must have at least a Master Degree or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized institution.
You must have not less than 7 years’ experience in administration and implementing marine or port /terminal strategy and policies which support managerial objectives.
Associate Fellow Member (AFCImpt)
In your profession you must have a Bachelor Degree from a recognized institution.
You must have not less than 5 years’ substantial work experience in either Marine, Port or Terminal management
Full Member (MCImpt)
In your profession you must have a Bachelor Degree or equivalent qualification.
You must have at least 3 years substantial work experience in your profession.
In your profession you must have at least an associate graduate qualification.
You must have at least 2 years work experience & must pass the mandatory examinations conducted by the Institute if no exemption is granted.
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP (CM)
|Designation||Minimum Qualification||Minimum Experience and Reputation|
|Legendary Corporate Member
|Organization with more than 200 employees.||The organization must have been established for more than 15 years and must have received several recognition awards from reputable organizations for its contribution to any profession or community anywhere in the world.|
|Fellow Corporate Member
|Organization with more than 150 employees.||The organization must have been established for 10 years and must have received several recognition awards from reputable organizations for its contribution to any profession or community anywhere in the world.|
|Full Corporate Member
|Organization with more than 50 employees.||The organization must have been established for between 3-5 years|
|Associate Corporate Member
|Organization with less than 30 employees.||The organization must have been established for between 1-3 years.|
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP GRADE
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP (Chartered IM)
The different individual membership statuses from the highest to the lowest status are:
- Legendary Member – (LCImpt)
- Fellow Member – (FCImpt)
- Associate Fellow Member – (AFCImpt)
- Full Member – (MCImpt)
- Associate Member – (ACImpt)
CORPORATE MEMBERSHIP (Chartered CM)
The different corporate membership statuses from the highest to the lowest status are:
- Legendary Corporate Member – (LCCImpt)
- Fellow Corporate Member – (CFCImpt)
- Full Corporate Member – (CMCImpt)
- Associate Corporate Member – (CACImpt)
DOWNLOAD MEMBERSHIP FORM
Click here to download your Membership Application form.
Registration Details: – All completed Individual application form should be submitted via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with photocopies of credentials, a passport size photograph, C.V and $10 US Dollars. While Corporate Membership application form should be submitted with photocopies of Certificate of incorporation, formation or registration and $40 Dollars with the same email.
PAYMENT FOR DIRECT CIMPTMP MEMBERSHIP:
All payment should be made directly to the Institute Accounts:
All Individuals and Corporate bodies within African Region whose applications for membership of CIMPTMP have been approved are to remit Membership fee and Annual Subscription as follows:
Account Name: Institute of Practising Professionals, Nigeria (IPPN)
Account Type: US Dollars / Account Number: 5070580896
Account Type: Naira / Account Number: 1012843555
Bank: Zenith Bank Plc
For further enquiries please call or email
Office Direct line: +234 (0) 802 999 2662
Becoming a member of or registering with Chartered Institute of Marine, Port and Terminal Management Professionals, USA therefore, confers huge opportunities to break into the following organizations:
- Private, State and Federal Maritime Universities
- Crew Management and Agencies
- Government Port Authority
- Liaison Offices
- Public Corporations ( Port & Terminal )
- Maritime Administration and Management
- Port and terminal security
- Banks ( marine insurance)
- Oil Companies
BENEFITS AND PRIVILEGES OF PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Below are some of the benefits you will be able to enjoy as a CIMPTMP member
- Members shall be entitled to call themselves “Chartered Marine Professional (CMP)” and/or “Chartered Port & Terminal Administrator (CPTA)” signifying a mark of honor, achievement, prestige, distinction, and the desire to pursue excellence.
- Members are entitle to attend CIMPTMP seminars and conferences at reduced costs where they will have opportunities to meet and network with other members, and learn to develop strategic management skills/Policies formulations.
- Members are exposed to global opportunities in Consultancy, Research, Training and Development.
- Members have the opportunities to acquired additional Professional Postgraduate Diploma & Professional Diploma while working as professional or non-professional.
- As a CIMPTMP member you’ve access to the latest Marine, Port & Terminal resources, development tools and networking opportunities.
- Professional recommendations for members where the need arises
- CIMPTMP and CMP identification symbols for all members
- Membership of a branch of the Institute in your country.
- Quarterly supply of the Institute e-Journal and E-Newsletters.
- Nominated for International Conference of Professional Marine and Port & Terminal Management
- MPT Practicing Professionals Annual dinner night.
- Belonging to a great family of MPT Professional Icon.
- Institute International Magazine for all financial members annually.
- Employer of Labour
- Award and Recognition for outstanding members
- CIMPTMP membership keeps you informed, supported and connected throughout your career
- Access to Institute professional Resource and Network of seasoned sophisticated professionals in both public and private sectors.
- Capacity and Ability to bargain in the Labour market
- Recognition of professional Status
- A Chartered membership certificate and membership identification card
- The use of the acronyms LCImpt, FCImpt, etc. after your name in all suitable occasions
- Endorsement of skill and Competence